Monday, June 29, 2009

Newport, Rhode Island

So I finally made it to New England. What a lovely lovely place.

I wish I had more time to spend there. It seemed almost silly to spend 16 hours in the car to get there, and only have 23 hours to enjoy the town. It was actually less than that because 6 hours were spent sleeping and 5 hours were spent at a beautiful little wedding.

Overall, I was able to get a small taste of the east coast and now I have a desire to get back. All of the farms, and untouched beaches, and the food. Oh, I am just salivating thinking about it! Of course I was unable to experience all of the items mentioned above, but I was able to go on a nice hike after the wedding. It has been a while since I have shared posted anything new on here. So here are a few pictures from my trusty little cell phone of my 24 hour trip to Newport Rhode Island.
I hope everyone's summer is going well. Mine has been incredibly eventful. I have several topics I will have to share when I get the inspiration to write it all down. House buying horror stories, glorified camping tales, and triathlons are are all ahead.

My house is still completely dysfunctional because we are in the midst of packing. Which makes it difficult to stay at home for any long period of time. Jake and I get home and begin making excuses for why we need to leave. This summer has been completely unproductive yet busy all at the same time. I am pretty sure this is going to bite me on the bottom when it is time to actually move, but I have never had a nice, calm and normal move. They are always the type of moves where you throw everything into boxes and hope to god that you haven't forgotten or break something. And every time I end up breaking or forgetting something.

Hopefully, the next time I post I will be talking about my new house and how much I love it. Until then take care and have a wonderful summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment