Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I would like an order of perspective...what wine would you recommend with that?

What is important to me right now (listed in random order):

1. My Husband
2. My Family
3. The furry creatures that live in my home
4. My school work
5. My friends
6. Finding and buying our first house
7. Baking
8. Knitting
9. Yoga (still learning)
10. Learning to differentiate my needs from my wants (this can be hard to do)
11. Learning to live a simply and to simply live
12. Working each day to find myself and to continually make that person I find better, balanced, happy, true and an overall good person
13. Developing and maintaining the important relationships in my life
14. Removing unwanted relationships from my life

What I am grateful for:
1. My husband
2. My family
3. My schoolwork...although it may not seem that way at times
4. The furry creatures that live in my house
5. Finding new recipes at Tastespotting.com
6. My job
7. The wonderful women who are my co-workers. They push me forward and inspire me every day
8. My sense of humor
9. This blog
10. Myself (I felt I needed to add this because my mother informed me today that I have too little self worth. Thanks mom!)
11. Advice from loving friends and family members
12. Wild Berry Frozen Yogurt
13. Farm Fresh Delivery
14. Stories that were told to me by my great grandmother, Orbia McCluskey. Those stories have been swirling around in my mind lately and I am so grateful for the summers she watched me.
15. Blogs like soulemama, beauty that moves, and while tangerine dreams these ladies are true inspirations and what I hope to be when I grow up. I look forward to their updated postings every day.
16. Non-inspirational blogs like penny arcade, nataliedee, tooth paste for dinner, and perez hilton without these sites I would actually have to do my work!
17. Photography (If only I had a camera)


Today has been one of those days where it is so easy to get caught up in unnecessary drama. In this case it is drama that I have caused. I needed to step back and center myself. This is a wonderful exercise and I whole heartedly recommend it if you need perspective on days when you feel like giving up.

1 comment: